Monday, December 8, 2008

Gregory Ascendeth, Part Deux

Well, it's now official. David Gregory will take over the helm of Meet the Press. I think he is a pretty good choice (although I've also grown fond of Chuck Todd ("Chucky T" to us MSNBCer's)). But Gregory is tough, and won't let people roll him. I think he'll have to learn to balance the toughness with the respect factor that Russert had mastered. That's the way to do it. (I read somewhere in the summer that one of the hardest things to do was to knock these tried and true politicians off their talking points. I tend to believe that is true.) For example, Tim was pretty tough on old Tricky Dick Cheney, but fair enough that Cheney still did his show. It reaped benefits as Cheney was haunted by his "greeted as liberators" quip on MTP in the Iraq war build-up.

But, most importantly, it is a significant prediction break-through for me personally. See my June 23 post predicting Mr. Gregory's pending appointment (click on the "Predictions" label and you'll get there). Now I am going to advocate a review of the tape of the Hagler/Leonard fight to get that overturned. I don't know what to do, though, about my "Ghost" fiasco. Thoughts, dear readers?

5 comments:

Barb Adams said...

I am very impressed by your prescience!

Steve Adams said...

I'm one of an amputee's handful of people who remember your prediction, and applaud your prescience.

Steve Adams said...

Hey, I just noticed that Barb used the same word, so I take it back. Must find Thesaurus...

Steve Adams said...

I've come to the conclusion that it is the mot juste.

Rob said...

Steve, you should have had the foresight to know Barb was going to use prescient....