Monday, January 7, 2008

Obama

Saw in passing on CSPAN Barack in New Hampshire Friday night and Saturday morning, addressing crowds. Also saw the victory speech Thursday evening from Iowa. His oratory skills are very spectacular. I think he is going to quickly wrap this thing up--when I saw those NH speeches I thought it was all but over. He's always been great, although I don't know that he has been as consistently spectacular as he is now. I think those double-digit poll leads posted either last night or this morning are going to hold.

I don't think that Huckabee is going to be easy to get rid of. He won't win New Hampshire, but since Romney will be cooked in 36 hours, it's going to make that field better for Reverend H. I guess McCain will still be around to challenge, don't think Rudy has a legit shot (too little too late?), but that Huckabee is sneaky good. I still think though that not believing in evolution should be an automatic disqualification for that office. But I guess it's not.

4 comments:

Barb Adams said...

I hope the liberal Democrats in New Hampshire did not take Republican ballots to vote for McCaine.

Rob said...

Who knows. This will go into my Hall of Fame of bad predictions. Other contenders for the top spot are (1) my prediction of Marvin Haggler over Sugar Ray Leonard in a knock-out in about 1985 or so and (2) when I saw a "sneak preview" of "Ghost" and confidently asserted it would be in movie theaters one weekend and never be heard from again.

Emily Adams said...

Who's Ella? Who's Sarah?

Rob said...

Ella Fitzgerald and Sarah Vaughan. See new post.