Thursday, February 21, 2008

Son Volt

Time for a new post! One of my favorite musical colleagues is jazz guitarist John Farrar from Belleville. John is a fine, fine player, and covers many genres well. John and Neal Connors were my musical saviors, rescuing my trumpet playing from the dustbins of history, for which I will be forever in their debt.

Take a look and listen to John's brother's band. Jay Farrar is one of the founders, with Jeff Tweedy, of the alternative country music genre, and is still kicking it with his own band, Son Volt. They have some terrific music. Check out "Drown". Enjoy!

1 comment:

Martha Endicott said...

We listened to Farrar's band and it has a sweet sound - although not as good to Dad and me as if it featured a trumpet! It thrilled us as well as you that your trumpet was saved from "the dust bins of history" as you say. (good phrase)